Welcome to the Detroit Yacht Club
where there is Something For Everyone!
The Detroit Yacht Club, founded in 1868, is the largest and one of the oldest most prestigious private Clubs in North America. The current DYC clubhouse, located on a private island along the banks of the Belle Isle Park in Detroit, is of Mediterranean design and was completed by George Mason in 1922. Mr. Mason also designed the Gem Theater, Masonic Temple and the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
The Detroit Yacht Club has been the center of Detroit society since opening its doors and continues a proud tradition and a strong commitment to excellence and quality service for all members. Our members and their guests enjoy a first class dining experience, along with an outstanding variety of social and recreational events, athletic, health and fitness services.
Whether your interests are expanding your social activities, making new friends, sailing or power boating, competitive sailing in our Flying Scots’ program, lounging by the Olympic size pool, casual or fine dining, the DYC undeniably has it all. DYC offers singles and families of all ages more amenities and more activities than any other private club or marina on the Great Lakes.
Come Experience And Enjoy Our Island Paradise For Yourself.
Detroit Yacht Club Membership is available in the following categories –
• Active – Age 34 and above - Non Boating - Social
• Active Boating – Age 34 and above – Boating eligible
• Intermediate Membership in 3 categories (Boating and Non Boating available)
o Age 21-25
o Age 26-29
o Age 30-33
• Junior – Age 21-25, Son or Daughter of a current Active Member
• Non Resident – Outside a 50 mile radius “as the Crow Flies” See Map
* All member categories may include spouse, significant other and children through age 20.
For more information or to arrange a tour, please contact -
Margaret Gmeiner, Member Services
Thank you for your interest in the Detroit Yacht Club.