The DYC Foundation's mission is two-f old: firs t to support the preservation of the historic Dye clubhouse, and second to facilitate
educational opportunities that celebrate the historic nature of the Detroit Yacht Club. Funds raised by the DYC Foundation will be
used exclusively to restore, maintain and preserve our historic and architecturally significant clubhouse.
The Dye clubhouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. One of the architectural treasures of Detroit, the Clubhouse
was designed by George D. Mason Company in the Spanish Colonial Revival Style. Dedicated by Detroit industrialist Gar Wood on
August 30, 1923. the D ye clubhouse encompasses 93.000 square feet, making it the largest and arguably the grandest yacht club
facility in the United States